Peelham Farm Produce

Mail Order Service Available. Please contact us for details.

Peelham Farm Produce

Multi-award winning Peelham is a 670ac organic, family-run farm located close to the Berwickshire Coast in the Scottish Borders. The farm business partnership  has been evolving from its original 10ha small holding since 1990 and now includes  Chris, Denise and Angus Walton. Angus’ wife Helen is the Sales Manager of Peelham's added value meat products.  Though now retired Amanda Cayley,  Chris and Denise's original business partner is still very involved in the life of the farm and the butchery.

In its organic on-farm butchery, smoker and charcuterie facility the Peelham Family uses its  beef (pasture-for-life), veal (pasture-for-life), lamb (pasture-for-life) and  Free range pork to make its organic charcuterie, salamis, sausages, burgers, bacon, hams and traditional meat cuts which it supplies direct to the consumer via its website, farmers markets, restaurants, hotels, delicatessens and independent, ethical retailers. Though grass fed and reared Peelhams mutton are not certified Pasture-for-life.  Peelham has awards for the quality of its food produce, its farm management, innovation, business and environmental ethos. It believes that the combination of organic and pasture-for-life is the 'Gold Standard' of land and welfare management.

Mission Statement  "The farming family business partnership of Cayley Walton Partners, is an integrated, organic farming and food production enterprise, selling meat from its farm and through its butchery direct to the customer.  It delivers clear provenance and promises high quality with minimal environmental impact.   It aspires to excellence in land-management, animal care, environmental stewardship and customer service.  It believes that its most valuable resource are its employees and seeks continuously to ensure an open, fair and fulfilling working relationship with each of them as the first foundation of a successful business”.

The Peelham philosophy: ‘Sustainable self-reliance’

The Peelham motto:   Love the land, Love the animal, Love their produce’

Buy online here

Peelham has a herd of 80 Aberdeen Angus x Luing cattle with some Sim-luing cross cows.  It has 3 Aberdeen Angus bulls.  Its sheep are mostly  Lleyn and Lleyn x Texel with some Highlander.

Some 98% of its livestock are born and reared on the farm. Co-operatively a small network of other organic farmers with whom Peelham works mutually to provide each other stock provide the remaining ap2% of Peelham’s livestock when needed.  This includes when needed Pasture-for-life veal from the Ethical Dairy at Rainton Farm in Dumfrieshire,  sheep from Pasture for Life farm Thistleyhaugh in Northumberland and Pasture-for-life beef from Newmilne Farm, Tibbiemore, Perthshire. Though fully organic, Peelhams mutton are not PFLA certified.

Contact Details

Address: Peelham Farm Produce, Peelham Farm, Foulden, Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Berwickshire, TD15 1UG Scotland

Telephone: 01890781328

Mobile: 07890266953

Email: [email protected]

Visit Peelham Farm Produce